Mister Lister's Blueberry Pancakes!
There's nothing more satisfying and slightly naughty for breakfast than delicious pancakes, or so Chef de Cuisine of Liberty Commons, Chef Ryan Lister, says.
This recipe is something he likes to make at the cottage or on a weekend off. They are super simple and consist of ingredients you probably already have in your pantry or available through The Market!
You will need a scale, teaspoon, table spoon, bowl, whisk, spatula, 1/3 cup and large non stick skillet.
- 270g All-Purpose K2 Viking Flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp White sugar
- 260g Harmony 2% Milk (can sub buttermilk)
- 2 Eggs (Homestead Farms)
- 15g Unsalted butter (melted)
- Extra butter for greasing
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and melted butter.
- Using a spatula, combine the dry and wet ingredients to make a thick, lumpy batter, taking care not to overmix. [The real trick to these is in the mixing. If you overmix the batter, your pancakes won’t be moist and delicate.]
- In a nonstick skillet, melt some additional butter over medium heat. Ladle ⅓ cup of batter into the hot skillet. Take care not to overcrowd the skillet, since the pancakes will puff up as they cook.
- When bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake and the edges begin to brown, flip the pancakes and cook the other side. It should take about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Keep them warm by keeping them in a 200F oven.
- Smother with maple syrup, top with thawed blueberries and a proper spoonful of crème fraiche or whipped cream (optional)!